Roadmap to Business Mobility
(Topics subject to change)
|WEDNESDAY, November 7, 2007 / ARRIVAL DAY
|3:00 - 7:30 pm
|3:00 - 4:30 pm
||Editorial Advisory Board Meeting
|6:00 - 7:30 pm
||Opening Cocktail Reception
|7:30 pm on...
|THURSDAY, November 8, 2007 / FIRST DAY OF SESSIONS
|7:15 am - 11:30 am
|7:30 - 8:15 am
|8:00 - 8:05 am
|8:05 - 8:50 am
OPENING KEYNOTE SESSION
tHE nEXT gENERATION OF wIRELESS
Speaker: Joseph G. (Joe) Ferra, Chief Wireless Officer, SVP, Fidelity Investments
Third-generation technologies are finally reaching the American mainstream—just as the fourth-generation is now blooming in Asia . Our keynote speaker will discuss the latest developments in wireless technology, where the cutting-edge markets are headed and finally how these trends will affect and benefit the ways that each of us works.
|8:50 - 9:30 am
GENERAL SESSION #1
Mobile Technology Study: Results and Analysis
Moderator: Eugene C. Signorini, Vice President of Enterprise Research and Mobile Solutions, Yankee Group
This session begins with presentation and expert analysis of highlights from the new Mobile Technology Study conducted by Mobile Enterprise and its research partner Boston-based consultancy Yankee Group. The presentation will be made by Gene Signorini, Yankee Group's vice president of enterprise research who will then lead an executive discussion of the presentation highlights with a panel of industry executives from different sectors.
- Gain updated knowledge of “state of the industry” mobile enterprise technology trends from Study respondents.
- Benchmark your company's mobile technology initiatives against those of Study participants.
- Gain expert insights into current mobile technology trends.
|9:30 - 9:50 am
Networking Coffee Break
|9:50 - 10:30 am
GENERAL SESSION #2
Speakers: Jasyn Voshell, CWNA, CWSP, CISSP, CISA, CISM, Supervisor IT Audio, Textron Audit Services, Textron; Benjamin Halpert, CISSP, Corporate Information Security Office, Lockheed Martin
This discussion about wireless security best practices is a joint presentation from two thought-leading IT security executives, each of whom works in highly regulated industries and is responsible for protecting his company's wireless networks, mobile devices and highly classified corporate data.
- Best practices for ensuring a secure WLAN.
- Learn to protect mobile data, in transmission, on devices and during disposal.
- Tips for training employees and getting them on-board with security policies
|10:35 - 11:30 am
GENERAL SESSION #3
Device Management Across the Enterprise
Moderator: Philippe Winthrop, Research Director – Wireless and Mobility, AberdeenGroup
Panelist: Rene Huber, Project Manager, Business Strategy Group, Gentiva Health Services
* More to come
Device management is an umbrella term for essentially “making the most of what you've got.” This can mean smarter over-the-air security and application updates, remote-fix capabilities, or managing (and slimming down) wireless contracts and fees. This panel features an end-user from each of these categories to share the ways they are using better intelligence and smarter technology to improve ROI using the devices they already own.
- Learn how to reduce TCO through better work with inventory.
- Learn how a vendor partner can help to manage multi-carrier relationships and dramatically reduce wireless expenses.
- Learn how to increase ROI with time-saving over-the-air updates of software and security patches.
Break for Golf Outing
|6:00 - 7:00 pm
|7:00 - 9:30 pm
Mobile Enterprise Awards Dinner
The Mobile Enterprise Awards Banquet will honor the recipients of this year's Mobile Enterprise Mobilizer Awards. The 2007 Mobilizer Awards will honor the best mobile deployments in the areas of:
- Field Service
This award will celebrate outstanding mobile deployments in industries such as utilities, repair, scheduling and dispatch, etc.
- Customer Relationship Management
This award will celebrate outstanding deployments for mobile professionals such as sales representatives.
- Supply Chain
This award will celebrate outstanding mobile deployments in industries such as delivery, shipping, warehousing and all elements of the supply chain.
- Mobile Campus
This award will celebrate outstanding mobile deployments within campus environments such as hospitals, office buildings, retail environments and warehouses.
- Pace Setting
This award will celebrate mobile deployments that make innovative use of the latest technologies to efficiently and effectively meet current needs, while also looking ahead.
|FRIDAY, November 9, 2007 / CLOSING DAY
|8:00 am - Noon
|8:00 - 9:00 am
NETWORKING BREAKFAST with Topic Tables
|9:00 - 9:05 am
||DAY TWO OPENING COMMENTS
|9:05 - 9:55 am
Second Day KEYNOTE
Mobile Reality / Mobile Challenges
Speaker: Andrew Seybold, President, Outlook 4Mobility
Andrew Seybold has a well-earned reputation as a visionary; a predictor of mobile trends and their impact. Seybold possesses both a vast understanding of the wireless industry and a notorious intolerance for nonsense: he tells it like it is. In this session that means he'll expose common challenges and missteps in deploying and maintaining a mobile solution, offer his opinions on carrier relationships, and offer the advice you need to avoid the mistakes learned the hard way by others.
- How to choose an enduring hardware partner.
- How much is enough? Learn to cost-effectively meet your mobile workers' connectivity needs.
- Best practices for training, deployment and security.
|10:00 - 10:55 am
GENERAL SESSION #4
Mobile CRM: Developing Solutions for a Mobile Workforce
Moderator: Brenda Lewis, Principal, Transactions Marketing Inc.
Discussion Participants: Evan Harolds, Director of Finance, Group Voyagers Inc.; Joe Marcum, Director of Field Services, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance Co.
Supporting customer relationships in today's marketplace means equipping a mobile work force with the right tools, training and business intelligence appropriate to their work environment. Brenda Lewis – who has more than 25 years of experience as an entrepreneur, venture manager and business strategist – will lead an executive discussion around the best practices for building mobile CRM solutions.
- Expert analysis of trends in mobile CRM.
- Best practice insights from industry peers on implementation of CRM solutions in a variety of mobile work environments.
- Shared information on system models, devices, data management, training and integration of legacy systems from executives who operate mobile CRM solutions.
|10:55 - 11:10 am
Networking Coffee Break
|11:10 - 11:55 pm
GENERAL SESSION #5
Asset Tracking and Management
Speaker: Rick Crawford, Director of Operations – Warehouse Division NYK Logistics (Americas) Inc.
Asset management solutions can help enterprises to boost worker productivity, reduce downtime, contain costs, more realistically manage budgets and have more accurate view of inventory, among other benefits. They're ideal for solutions for businesses with lots of assets to keep track of, and so are particularly popular in industries such as healthcare, warehousing, retail and delivery.
Learn how better asset management can:
- lead to considerable time and cost savings;
- encourage better use of assets and reduce new purchases; and
- be an asset in ensuring compliance in regulated industries.
|12:00 - 1:00 pm
CLOSING LUNCHEON with PANEL DISCUSSION
- Panel Discussion: 12:15 – 12:55 p.m. (40 minutes)
- Summit closing comments: 12:55 – 1:00 p.m.
Best in Class: The 2007 Mobile Enterprise Award Winners
Moderator: Carrie MacGillivray, Senior Analyst, Mobile Enterprise Network Services, IDC
Our closing session will give you the opportunity to hear from and ask questions of several of this year's Mobile Enterprise award winners. Join us for our closing luncheon session as three of this year's “best in class” winners provide overviews and insights into their award-winning mobile technology implementations. We've assembled our winners as an opportunity for you to learn about the challenges, best practices and practical considerations around their best-in-class initiatives.
- Hear first-hand the strategic thinking behind this year's Mobile Enterprise award-winning projects.
- Learn the challenges and obstacles that were overcome in by this year's best-in-class initiatives.
- Benchmark your company's initiatives against those of our 2007 mobile technology award winners.
2007 Mobile Enterprise Executive Summit Concludes