|Twitter Launches Official BlackBerry App
By Jeff Goldman
Twitter has released its official Twitter for BlackBerry application.
"When you talk about messaging and mobile phones, BlackBerry immediately comes to mind, and it was no surprise to us that it has become one of the most popular mobile platforms for Twitter around the world... Working closely with RIM to deliver the official Twitter app has been a great experience, and we are looking forward to bringing more and more Twitter innovation to BlackBerry," Kevin Thau, Twitter's director of mobile business development, wrote in a blog post.
Key functionality in the official app includes the following:
- Real-time BlackBerry push of Twitter direct messages
- Camera and photo gallery integration
- Browser integration for Tweeting links
- Customizable interface for changing fonts, hiding toolbars, etc.
- Inbox integration, placing Twitter direct messages alongside email and text messages
- @integration, linking an email or text message with an @username to the Twitter app profile page
- Twitter lists integration
- Notification of @mentions
- Search for users, content, and trending topics
- Localized for French, Italian, Spanish, German, and Brazilian Portuguese
System requirements are as follows:
- 64 MB BlackBerry smartphone
- 750 KB of available BlackBerry smartphone memory
- BlackBerry Device Software v4.5 or later
The app can be downloaded for free at blackberry.com/twitter.